Join Our Team! Become a WLCA Teacher
Do you want to share your passion for language and culture with kids?
WLCA is always looking for world language teachers! We are currently seeking Spanish, Mandarin, French, and German teachers for before or after school classes for the 2015-16 school year in the following regions:
- Bellevue and the Eastside Area
- Gig Harbor
- Fort Lewis
If you speak a language other than Spanish or Mandarin, please feel free to still contact us about possible job opportunities.
- Native or fluent speaker of Spanish, Mandarin, French, or German (also accepting resumes for Japanese, Farsi, or Arabic speakers)
- Must enjoy working with children, prior experience working with children is highly desired
- No prior teaching necessary, but highly desired (all hired teachers will be trained in our methodology)
- Must pass a background check
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Reliable transportation
Part-time position. 1-4 hours per week. Hired teachers need to commitment to at least one school year.
Starting rate is $20 per hour, depending on experience.
This is a very part-time teaching position. Typically, we can only provide one class for our teachers to teach because classes are usually held simultaneously. It is ideal for anyone with a flexible schedule or wanting a few hours of work per week. It is also a great opportunity for anyone planning on going into teaching a foreign language. You will gain incredible experience in a field that extremely rewarding.
Ready to Apply?
Please send your resume to the following Coordinators depending on the area you would prefer to work. In your email please include a brief paragraph describing:
- Your level of fluency
- Why you want to work with kids
- Why you want to teach for WLCA
To apply for a position in your area, please contact:
|Greater Seattle Area||MaryKay Speightfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gig Harbor/Tacoma Area||Marita Palyemail@example.com|
|Olympia Area||Elke Armajofirstname.lastname@example.org|
WLCA is NOW HIRING for the 2015-16 school year! Must be fluent in Spanish, French, German, or Mandarin. No prior teaching experience is required, but you must have a passion for working with kids. All teachers go through extensive training! Hiring for Seattle, East Side, Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Olympia and Lacey.