Study English in the USA at
Intensive English Program at Saint Francis University
Join the intensive English program at Saint Francis University as administered by A.C.E. Language Institutes. International students who are academically admissible to SFU but do not have sufficient language proficiency may be admitted and must complete Level 6 of the Intensive English program at SFU.
IEP at Saint Francis University
- Training in academic English skills to satisfy SFU language proficiency requirements
- Small classes (average of 12 students, maximum of 15)
- Well structured curriculum and exceptionally organized program
- Access to all events and services on campus
- Well trained and experienced instructors
Saint Francis University is located in Loretto, Pennsylvania, 80 miles east of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. It is a scenic mountaintop location on a 600-acre campus. Download a flyer
Saint Francis is the oldest Franciscan university in the U.S. founded in 1847. The University strives to help students reach higher and go farther than they ever dreamed they could go.
- Highly regarded programs in business, health care, sciences, engineering and the humanities
- Small, diverse student body: 2500 students from 32 states and 23 countries
- Core focus on Catholic Franciscan values, yet all faiths are welcome. Our goal is to help students of all denominations grow intellectually, spiritually, morally, and socially.
- One of U.S. News and World Report's "Best Regional Colleges"
You can visit the Saint Francis University website here: http://www.francis.edu/
Fees may change without notice. One intensive English session is equal to 7.5 weeks, which is half of a SFU semester.
|7.5 week session cost||15 week session cost|
|Intensive Program Tuition *||$3250||$6500|
|Student Services Fee **||$543||$1080|
|Residence Hall ***||$1434||$2867|
* Each session in fall and spring is equal to 7.5 weeks, which is half of a SFU semester. Summer sessions are extra intensive 6-week courses, with additional class hours to match the 7.5-week curriculum. Tuition and fees remain the same, but housing is prorated.
** Student services fee includes: technology fee, campus health services, and express mailing of visa documents.
*** Residence halls and meal fees are approximate and vary depending single or double occupancy. Fees are charged per semester. Students will pay Residence hall fees after arrival.
**** Students must enroll in SFU health insurance throughout the duration of their studies. Fee above is subject to change.
Financial Documentation for F-1 Visa Students
The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) requires that students have sufficient financial resources to meet school and living costs while in the U.S. The student, parents, or a sponsor must provide a current bank statement or an official letter from a bank verifying sufficient funds.
Students should expect to buy books at a cost of $100-$200 per session. Students should budget additional money for personal expenses such as travel or entertainment. These expenses will vary.
Payment of Fees
The intensive English program will accept payment by traveler's check, personal check drawn on a U.S. bank, cashier's check, credit card, or wire transfer. To pay by wire transfer you must add a $30 wire transfer fee to the amount invoiced.
|2016||Priority Application Deadlines*|
|Summer 2016 Session 2**||June 27 - August 12||June 1|
|Fall 2016 Session 1||August 15 - October 7||July 1|
|Fall 2016 Session 2||October 12 - December 7||September 1|
|Spring 2017 Session 1||January 4 - February 22||December 1|
|Spring 2017 Session 2||March 6 - May 1||February 1|
|Summer 2017 Session 1**||May 10 - June 23||April 1|
|Summer 2017 Session 2**||June 28 - August 12||June 1|
* Applications after the deadline may be considered individually on a space available basis, as time permits for housing and visa processing. Program dates above are listed for class sessions. New students will need to arrive earlier for orientation and placement testing; see welcome packet.
** Summer sessions at SFU are extra intensive 5-week courses, with additional class hours to match the standard 7.5-week curriculum. Tuition and fees remain the same, but housing will be prorated.
SFU offers you on-campus dormitory housing while you are studying in the Intensive English program.
- Dormitories are very clean, modern and convenient (near your classes)
- You will live in the same dorm as American students, make friends, and practice your English every day
- You can choose to live with one or more other students
- This environment is most appropriate for traditional undergraduate students. Married student housing is not currently available on campus.
Cost: Approximately $2700 per 7.5 week session. Includes dormitory and meals.
Meet our Staff
Sam Heikinen, Director Office of International Student Programs SFU
A.C.E. Language Institute at
117 Evergreen Drive
Saint Francis University
Loretto, Pennsylvania 15940 USA
View Larger Map