Intensive English Program
|Standard Intensive English Language Program|
|Listening & Communication|
|Reading & Writing|
|TOTAL Hours/Week||18-21 hours/week|
Sessions last 5 to 7.5 weeks and include 18-21 class hours per week, based on location and level.
On-Campus Intensive English Programs include:
- 6-level curriculum in preparation for university/college admission
- Study grammar, reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- 18-21 hours of intensive English classes per week + optional elective classes
- Weekly social activities and trips
- Internet and computer access
- Access to library, health center, gym, and other campus facilities
- Housing options include host families, campus dorms, apartments, or hostels. (Options depend on availability and vary by location.)
- As a Level 6 student, you will attend a graded university class, followed by a review with an A.C.E. instructor.
- Receive individualized attention from expert instructors.
- Practice your conversational English skills with an American partner through the Language and Culture Partners Program.
- Individual tutors can help enrich your language learning through private one-on-one sessions.
Tuition Cost, Schedule and Duration
|Tuition costs and session duration vary at each location. Below are the tuition costs per session.|
|A.C.E. at Montana State University||$2700 per session (7.5 weeks) + fees|
|A.C.E. at Seattle Pacific University||$1800 per session (5 weeks) + fees|
|A.C.E. at the University of Rhode Island||$3000 per session (7.5 weeks) + fees|
|A.C.E. at Saint Francis University||$3125 per session (7.5 weeks) + fees|
Please click the institute location links above for a complete list of program fees and session calendars for each institute.
Estimated Time to Complete Each Skill Level
A.C.E. offers Levels 1-6. You will receive a placement test upon arrival to determine which level is most appropriate. On average, it takes 7.5 to 10 weeks of study to complete a level, depending on location. A student beginning in Level 1 could complete the entire program in 50-60 weeks of classes.
Sample Class Schedule
Here is a sample of what your class schedule might look like. Actual class times vary at each institute location and may change.
M/W/F: 8-9:20 am
T/Th: 8-10:20 am
Reading, Writing, & Grammar
M/W: 11 am - 1:20 pm
T/Th: 11:30 am-1:50 pm
M/W/F: 9:30-10:20 am
T/Th: 10:30-11:20 am
M/W: 1:30-2:35 pm
T/Th: 2-3 pm
Program Level Fluency Equivalents
A.C.E. Levels 1 - 6 cover a broad range from beginner through advanced. Students who complete each level generally achieve a fluency comparable to the equivalent TOEFL scores below. Note: This does not guarantee your score.
|Level 6: 550
Level 5: 520
Level 4: 480
|Level 3: 450
Level 2: 420
Level 1: 390
In addition to the essential core curriculum, you can choose optional features to expand your English skills or to explore a topic of personal interest. Availability may vary by location and time period, and may include the following features:
- TOEFL & IELTS Test Preparation Elective Class
- Conversation & Pronunciation Elective Class
- Cultural Seminars
- Language and Culture Partners Program
- Student Council Representative Program
- One-on-One Personal Tutoring
Flex Program (Available Only at A.C.E. at Seattle Pacific University)
Design your own specialized program to gain the skills you want.
- Study 10 hours/week in one of our Intensive English Program Classes (Listening, Communication & Grammar OR Reading & Writing)
- Spend 5 hours/week in a conversation group AND 5 hours/week with your own personal tutor.
- Part-Time and Short-Term Flex Programs are also available.
Program Calendar Dates
Session dates vary at each of our locations. Select the location you are interested in to see detailed session dates and application deadlines.
|A.C.E. at Montana State University||session length 7.5 weeks - see dates|
|A.C.E. at Seattle Pacific University||session length 5 weeks - see dates|
|A.C.E. at the University of Rhode Island||session length 7.5 weeks - see dates|
|A.C.E. at Saint Francis University||session length 7.5 weeks -see dates|
Business Certificate Program
Apply to UW Professional and Continuing Education after completing A.C.E. level 5 to earn a Business Certificate.
TESOL Certificate Program
Apply to The School of Teaching ESL to earn your TESOL Certificate after completing A.C.E. level 6.