Apply to A.C.E. Language Institutes
Each A.C.E. Language Institute has a unique application process. To apply to A.C.E., first choose the institute location you wish to attend, and then follow the instructions below on how to apply.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact A.C.E. Enrollment Services by email at email@example.com or by phone: +1 206-217-9644 ext. 201. If you are using an agent, your agent may also contact us directly.
Eligibility: To enroll, students must be 17 years of age or older and submit all application documents and fees.
Apply Online to an A.C.E. Language Institute
Please select the institute location you would like to attend:
|A.C.E. at Montana State University||Apply Now|
|A.C.E. at Saint Francis University||Apply Now|
|A.C.E. at Seattle Pacific University||Apply Now|
|A.C.E. at the University of Rhode Island||Apply Now|
Detailed Application Instructions:
The intensive English program at Saint Francis University (SFU) is administered by A.C.E. Language Institutes. Students may apply for Conditional Admission, or apply to the Intensive English Program only.
Option 1: Apply for Conditional Admission to SFU
Apply directly to Saint Francis University as an international student who will attend the intensive English program. International students who are academically admissible to SFU but do not have sufficient language proficiency may be conditionally admitted and must complete Level 6 of the Intensive English program at SFU.
- Conditional Admissions application: http://www.cultural.org/esl/SFU-CondAdmission-App.pdf
- Conditional Admissions instructions: http://www.cultural.org/esl/SFU-conditional-admissions.pdf
- Return application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 2: Apply for the SFU Intensive English Program Only
Students can choose to apply to the Intensive English Program only and then decide later whether to apply to a university or return home.
- Intensive English Program application: http://www.cultural.org/esl/English-App-SaintFrancisUniv.pdf
- Intensive English Program instructions: http://www.cultural.org/esl/SFU-ESLadmissions.pdf
- Return application to: email@example.com
Students have the option of applying directly to A.C.E. or applying for conditional admission to URI with Intensive English preparation at A.C.E.
Direct Admission to
Conditional Admission to URI with A.C.E. English preparation
|How to Apply||Apply directly to A.C.E. Language Institute for the Intensive English Program||Apply to URI and meet all academic admission requirements except for English proficiency|
|Visa Sponsor||A.C.E. issues I-20 visa forms with Letter of Transfer Partner Options||URI issues I-20 visa forms with Letter of Conditional Admission|
|Benefit||After completing A.C.E., you can apply for undergraduate programs at URI or transfer to partner universities with no TOEFL required if you meet their academic requirements.||Rest assured that you have already been accepted into the university pending completion of English with A.C.E.|
|Apply Now||Inquire Now|
- Option 1: Direct Admission to A.C.E. Language Institute with Transfer Partner Options
You can apply online directly to A.C.E. to study English and then decide later whether to transfer to a university in the U.S. including URI or return home. After your application is accepted, A.C.E. will send you an I-20 visa form and a Letter of Transfer Partner Options. After completing A.C.E., you can apply for undergraduate programs at the host site or transfer to partner universities with no TOEFL required if you meet their academic requirements.
Apply Now or download a paper application form (PDF).
- Option 2: Conditional Admission to University with Intensive English preparation at A.C.E.
Conditional admission means you have been accepted as an undergraduate to the host university pending your completion of A.C.E. Level 6. You can apply for undergraduate conditional admission directly to our host universities, and if you are accepted, the university will send you an I-20 visa form and Letter of Conditional Admission. To be accepted for conditional admission, you must meet the university's academic requirements.
Detailed Instructions to Apply for Conditional Admission at URI
Apply online to the University of Rhode Island for conditional admission* using the Common Application or download a paper version of the Common Application. When finished, email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org and mail your official transcripts to the address below. Students seeking conditional admission* to URI are not required to submit the personal statement in English or TOEFL scores on the application.
Please note - A completed application for Conditional Admission to the University of Rhode Island includes the following:
- A completed Common Application - complete online or download a PDF
- $65 application fee, which can be paid online through the Common Application
- One letter of recommendation
- Copy of passport
- Official secondary school transcripts; original documents or certified true copies of originals - NO scans, copies, or faxes accepted. If the documents are not in English, you must submit both an official and a certified English translation.
- Students who have graduated from secondary school and have completed university level work must have transcripts of all university level coursework evaluated by a credential evaluation agency in order for URI to determine transfer credit.
- Essay not required. Students seeking conditional admission to URI are not required to submit a personal statement in English. Insert the following phrase into the essay portion of the Common Application "I am applying for conditional admission to URI and want to attend the A.C.E. Language Institute."
- Financial documentation is not required at the time of application, but will be required after admission. To expedite the process, you may submit them with your application materials. If you are a government-sponsored student, please submit a copy of the letter of support.
Send the materials listed above to:
URI Undergraduate Admission
14 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881
For more details on how to apply for the University of Rhode Island Conditional Admission, visit the URI's International Student page. Conditional Admission is currently only available for undergraduate studies, not graduate programs.
* About Conditional Admission
Conditional admission means you have been accepted as an undergraduate to the host university pending your completion of A.C.E. Level 6. You can apply for undergraduate conditional admission to our host universities when you enroll at A.C.E. Language Institutes. To be accepted for conditional admission, you must meet the university's academic requirements.
- To enter the USA to study, you will need an F-1 Visa.
- When you apply to A.C.E. or the host institution, you will be sent an I-20 document and an I-901 form. The I-20 tells the government where you will study.
- To obtain an F-1 student visa, you will need to submit the I-901 form to SEVIS and then take the receipt along with your I-20 to the nearest US Embassy or consulate.
- Please contact us if you would like to come on a Visa waiver.